Amitabh Bachchan is a legendary Indian actor and film producer. He has appeared in over 200 Indian films in a career spanning almost five decades. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema, and has been referred to as the “Shahenshah of Bollywood,” the “Star of the Millennium” or “Big B”.
He began his career in the early 1970s and quickly established himself as one of Bollywood’s leading actors. He starred in a number of highly successful films throughout the 1970s and 1980s, including Zanjeer, Deewaar, Sholay and Don. He has appeared in a wide variety of roles throughout his career, including dramatic, comedic, and action roles.
He has received numerous awards and honors for his work in the Indian film industry, including the National Film Award for Best Actor and the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan, India’s fourth and third-highest civilian awards, respectively.
In addition to his acting career, Bachchan is also a former member of the Indian parliament and has been actively involved in social and charitable causes, including the fight against polio. He has been actively involved in promoting Indian cinema and has served as the goodwill ambassador for the Indian government’s Ministry of Culture and UNICEF.
He is also an active social media user and has a huge fan following on social media platforms and has a huge cultural impact in India and abroad. He continues to be one of the most popular and respected figures in the Indian entertainment industry and continues to act in films and television shows.
Amitabh Bachchan’s most popular role?
Amitabh Bachchan has played a wide variety of roles throughout his career, and it’s difficult to pinpoint just one role that is considered his most popular. However, some of his most iconic and memorable roles include:
- Vijay Deenanath Chauhan in Deewar (1975) for which he won his first Filmfare award for best actor.
- Thakur in Sholay (1975) is regarded as one of the best films in the history of Indian cinema and considered a cult classic.
- Don in Don (1978) and its sequel Don 2 (2011), where he played a notorious criminal who is finally hunted down by the police.
- Zanjeer (1973) this film was instrumental in establishing Amitabh as the “angry young man” of Bollywood and marked the beginning of his career as an action hero.
- Black (2005) which was a critically acclaimed film, where he played the role of a blind and deaf teacher and won his third National Film Award for Best Actor.
- Paa (2009), he played the role of a child suffering from Progeria and received a lot of critical acclaim for his performance.
Amitabh Bachchan awards
Amitabh Bachchan is one of the most accomplished actors in the Indian film industry and has won numerous awards throughout his career. Some of the most notable awards he has won include:
- National Film Awards: He has won three National Film Awards for Best Actor for his performances in Agneepath (1990), Black (2005) and Paa (2009)
- Filmfare Awards: He has won fifteen Filmfare Awards, which include Best Actor for Zanjeer (1973), Abhimaan (1973), Choti Bahu (1971), Namak Haraam (1973), Sholay (1975), Kabhi Kabhie (1976), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Don (1978), Agneepath (1990), Black (2005) and Paa (2009) and Lifetime Achievement award (1991)
- Padma Shri: In 1984, he was honored with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, by the Government of India.
- Padma Bhushan: He was honored with the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award, in 2001 by the Government of India.
- Padma Vibhushan: He was honored with the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award, in 2015 by the Government of India.
- Honorary doctorates: He has received an honorary doctorate from the University of Jodhpur and the University of Allahabad.
- International awards: He has received several international awards, including the Crystal Award at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2001 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the second-highest civilian award in France, in 2007.
What charities are Amitabh Bachchan associated with?
Amitabh Bachchan is well-known for his philanthropic work and is associated with several charitable organizations. Some of the charities he is involved with include:
- The Amitabh Bachchan Trust for Rural Development: This organization was established by Amitabh Bachchan to promote rural development in India. The trust focuses on providing education, healthcare and livelihood opportunities to the rural poor.
- UNICEF: Amitabh Bachchan is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF in India and has worked to raise awareness about the rights of children, particularly those living in poverty.
- Polio Eradication: Amitabh Bachchan has been actively involved in the campaign to eradicate polio in India, and has also served as a brand ambassador for the Polio Eradication campaign.
- Cancer Patients Aid Association: He is a patron of Cancer Patients Aid Association, which helps people suffering from cancer by providing them with financial assistance and other support services.
- National Association for the Blind: He is also associated with the National Association for the Blind which helps visually impaired people by providing education, training and rehabilitation services.
- The Indian Spinal Injuries Centre: He is also associated with The Indian Spinal Injuries Centre which provides medical care, rehabilitation, and education to people with spinal cord injuries.
- Pratham: Amitabh Bachchan is also associated with Pratham, a non-profit organization that provides education to underprivileged children in India.
Amitabh Bachchan’s net worth?
Amitabh Bachchan is one of the most successful actors in India and has had a long and illustrious career in the Indian film industry. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be around $400 million. He has had a successful acting career spanning over five decades and has appeared in over 200 films. In addition to acting, he has also made money through brand endorsements, television shows, and producing films. He is also the owner of the production company AB Corp, which produced several movies in the past. Bachchan’s net worth is likely to have grown over the years and this figure is an estimation based on available information.
Amitabh Bachchan’s favorite acting style?
Amitabh Bachchan is known for his versatility as an actor and has played a wide range of roles throughout his career. He is particularly known for his performances in dramatic and action-oriented roles. He is considered one of the finest actors in the Indian film industry and is known for his ability to bring depth and complexity to his characters. He is also known for his powerful dialogue delivery and ability to convey a wide range of emotions through his acting.
His dramatic performances, Bachchan is also known for his comedic roles and has appeared in several successful comedy films. He is considered a Bollywood icon and is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema.
His favorite acting style is, as he has been able to adapt and excel in many different genres and types of roles. He has said in many interviews that he considers every role to be challenging, and always looks forward to play a different genre. He is also known for his dedication to his craft and his willingness to take on challenging roles.
What television shows has Amitabh Bachchan appeared in?
Amitabh Bachchan is a well-known Indian actor and has appeared in several television shows in addition to his work in films. Some of the notable television shows he has appeared in include:
- Bigg Boss: He hosted the third, fourth, fifth and seventh seasons of the popular Indian reality show Bigg Boss.
- Kaun Banega Crorepati: He has hosted the Indian version of the popular game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? multiple times.
- Yudh: He starred in this Indian television series as a businessman who is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Aj ki raat hai zindagi: He hosted this talk show, which focuses on inspiring stories of ordinary people.
- Bigg Boss: He also hosted the twelfth season of the show.
- Bigg Boss: He is currently hosting the thirteenth season of the popular Indian reality show Bigg Boss.
How has Amitabh Bachchan impacted the Indian film industry?
Amitabh Bachchan is widely regarded as one of the most influential actors in the history of Indian cinema. He has had a profound impact on the Indian film industry in a number of ways:
- Acting: He is considered one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema, known for his powerful performances, versatility, and ability to convey a wide range of emotions through his acting. His performances in films such as Zanjeer, Sholay, Deewar, and Don are considered iconic and have set a benchmark for acting in Indian cinema.
- Box Office Success: Amitabh Bachchan’s films have been extremely successful at the box office, and many of his films are considered to be among the highest-grossing Indian films of all time. His success has helped to establish him as one of the most bankable stars in Indian cinema.
- Impact on Indian Pop Culture: He has been a cultural icon for several decades and has had a profound impact on Indian pop culture. His dialogue delivery, style, and mannerisms have been imitated by generations of actors and have become a part of Indian film culture.
- Charity and Philanthropy: He has been actively involved in charitable and philanthropic work, and has used his fame and success to raise awareness and funds for various causes.
- Television Host: He has also hosted several successful television shows, bringing his charisma and star power to the small screen and introducing him to a whole new generation of fans.
Amitabh Bachchan family
Amitabh Bachchan is married to Jaya Bachchan, who is also a well-known Indian actress and politician. The couple has two children together: Shweta Bachchan Nanda and Abhishek Bachchan.
Shweta Bachchan Nanda is an author, former model and the elder daughter of Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan. Abhishek Bachchan is an Indian film actor and film producer, and the younger son of Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan. He is also a former member of parliament in the Rajya Sabha.
Amitabh Bachchan’s father Harivansh Rai Bachchan was a famous Hindi poet and his mother Teji Bachchan was a social activist. He has one brother named Ajitabh Bachchan.
The Bachchan family is considered one of the most prominent and respected families in the Indian film industry, with a legacy spanning several decades in Indian cinema.