As of 2021, the tallest building in the world is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It stands 828 meters (2,722 feet) tall.
Who is the owner of Burj Khalifa
The Burj Khalifa is owned by Emaar Properties, a Dubai-based real estate development company. Emaar Properties is a publicly traded company, and it is one of the largest real estate developers in the Middle East. The company was founded in 1997 and it is responsible for several high-profile real estate developments in Dubai, including the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall, and the Dubai Fountain. The company is also involved in real estate development projects in other countries, such as Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and the United States.
Features of Burj Khalifa
The Burj Khalifa has several notable features, including:
- Height: At 828 meters (2,722 feet), it is the tallest building in the world.
- Design: The building was designed by the architecture firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, and its design is inspired by the geometries of the desert flower.
- Elevators: The building has 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
- Observation Deck: The building has an observation deck on the 124th floor, called “At the Top,” which offers panoramic views of the city.
- Residential Units: The building has 900 luxury residential apartments and the Armani Hotel Dubai occupies the lower floors.
- Water features: It has a large dancing fountain in the lake in front of the building and the “Burj Khalifa Lake Ride” which takes visitors around the lake in an abra.
- Green Building: The building was designed with sustainability in mind, and it features energy-efficient systems and water-saving technologies.
Why is Burj Khalifa is famous?
The Burj Khalifa is famous for several reasons, including:
- Height: As the tallest building in the world, it holds several records, including the highest occupied floor, the highest outdoor observation deck, and the highest elevator installation.
- Design: The unique and iconic design of the building makes it a notable architectural achievement and a symbol of modern engineering.
- Location: Dubai is a rapidly developing city that is known for its luxury and extravagance, and the Burj Khalifa is a symbol of that development and prosperity.
- Tourism: As a major tourist attraction, the building attracts millions of visitors each year who come to see the observation deck, the fountain show, and the lake ride.
- Symbol of UAE: The Burj Khalifa has become a symbol of the United Arab Emirates and Dubai, representing the city’s ambition and drive.
- Business and Residences: It also provides business and residential spaces, as well as luxury hotel accommodations, making it a hub of activity and a focal point of the city’s skyline.
How many floors have Burj Khalifa have?
The Burj Khalifa has a total of 163 floors.
What is the secret of Burj Khalifa?
The Burj Khalifa is a marvel of modern engineering and architecture, and there are many factors that contribute to its impressive height and structural integrity. Some of the key features that make the building unique include:
- Foundation: The building’s foundation is made up of 192 piles that go as deep as 50 meters into the ground, which helps to provide a stable base for the building.
- Y-shaped Plan: The building’s Y-shaped plan was designed to maximize views of the Persian Gulf and reduce wind loads on the building.
- Exterior: The building’s exterior is covered with reflective glass that helps to keep the interior cool, reducing the need for energy-intensive air conditioning.
- Core: The building’s core is made of reinforced concrete, which provides a strong and stable structure for the building.
- Elevators: The building has 57 elevators, including double-decker elevators, that can travel at a speed of 10 meters per second.
- Maintenance: The building’s maintenance and cleaning are done by a team of window cleaners who use abseiling techniques to clean the windows on the building’s exterior.
- Lighting: The building’s lights can be changed to reflect different colors and patterns to mark special events or holidays.
- Fire Safety: The building also has an advanced fire safety system and emergency evacuation procedures in place to ensure the safety of the building’s occupants.
All of these features and systems work together to make the Burj Khalifa one of the most impressive and iconic buildings in the world.
Burj Khalifa facts
Here are a few interesting facts about the Burj Khalifa:
- Construction began on the Burj Khalifa in 2004 and it was officially opened in 2010.
- More than 330,000 cubic meters of concrete, 39,000 metric tons of steel rebar, and 142,000 square meters of glass were used in the construction of the building.
- The building’s foundation is made up of 192 piles that go as deep as 50 meters into the ground.
- The building’s Y-shaped plan was designed to maximize views of the Persian Gulf and reduce wind loads on the building.
- The building’s exterior is covered with reflective glass that helps to keep the interior cool, reducing the need for energy-intensive air conditioning.
- The building’s maintenance and cleaning are done by a team of window cleaners who use abseiling techniques to clean the windows on the building’s exterior.
- The building’s observation deck, “At the Top,” is located on the 124th floor and offers panoramic views of the city.
- The building has the highest swimming pool in the world, which is located on the 76th floor.
- The building’s lights can be changed to reflect different colors and patterns to mark special events or holidays.
- The Burj Khalifa was named in honor of the President of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.